FarmCeutica will continue to be your Dependable Ingredient Partner throughout the implementation period of the United Kingdom’s introduction and application of Novel Foods regulation for the CBD industry. The Food Services Agency (FSA) has stipulated that CBD businesses need to submit and have fully validated, novel food authorisation applications by 31 March 2021. (More info here). After this date, only products for which the FSA has a valid application and were on the market at the time of the announcement on CBD (13 February 2020) will be allowed to remain on the market.
The new requirements compel all CBD suppliers to comply with standards of quality and transparency that we at FarmCeutica have maintained since the formation of our company.
FarmCeutica was established to apply uncompromising pharmaceutical industry standards to the developing CBD industry and to implement levels of quality and excellence which match and exceed the operational benchmarks set by the global pharmaceutical industry. We remain focused on setting the standards by which the industry is measured and evaluated. Our supply-chain process reflects this level of excellence and in consequence we do not have to make significant product or process changes, since our protocols already meet the required Novel Food standards.
An important part of the application will be a consideration of the product’s safety including details of the toxicological studies that have been undertaken with clear details of the reasoning for particular tests. Many UK CBD supply businesses have opted to take a consortium approach through trade bodies to fulfil the science and research requirements.
FarmCeutica, with our own pioneering R&D and Quality Control team of clinicians, led by Dr Brian King, Chief Science Officer (both a Plant Biochemist and Pharmacologist), is able to fulfill the toxicology and stability requirements qualifying us to make our own application.
After a worldwide search, we selected the GLP Neuroscience Center as our Contract Research Organization (CRO) for multiple reasons. Most importantly, they are one of the few GLP facilities in the US in an academic, University environment, which brings state-of-the-art scientific, regulatory and toxicology support for devices, drugs, and Novel Food regulatory submissions. The Regulatory Team has been performing GLP compliant studies since 2011 and its members have over 100 years of combined experience. They are one of the world leaders in this rapidly evolving area.
Dr King has designed a research program with the University of Kentucky which meets the requirements of Novel Foods and which continues to pioneer the advance of CBD science.
As the most dependable CBD supplier that will be independently Novel Food qualified, please call us directly to discuss the details of our Novel Food research process.
- Offer top-quality products with no heavy metals or pesticides.
- Supply high purity 99%+ isolates and 90%+ distillates.
- Offer just-in-time supply service. Our clients don’t prepay for their product before it is made or shipped. They only pay once the product has landed free-and-clear in the UK.
- Our clients have active involvement and influence in our supply chain, down to the seed genetics. We can provide full chain-of-custody documentation on
- Have strategic and loyal lab partners that deliver consistently as we provide consistent raw materials that require minimum re-calibration batch after batch.
- Our supply is greenhouse based. When you control the environment of the hemp plant, you can more easily control the results.